The main reasons you might need a surgical extraction are:
- Discomfort or other issues relating to your wisdom teeth
- Tooth decay
- When a tooth is too badly damaged to repair, usually by tooth decay or trauma
- Advanced periodontal disease causing pain or infection
- If a tooth is not functioning and is unstable
- When extraction is part of an orthodontic treatment plan to make space to straighten teeth
- If there is a crack in your tooth which cannot be repaired
Wisdom Teeth Extraction
Wisdom teeth extraction is a very common procedure. Wisdom teeth often do not have enough room to grow properly in the jawbone and can cause many problems if left untreated. Whilst not everybody needs to have their wisdom teeth extracted, if your dentist has identified that leaving your teeth in place is risky for you, you may need to consider their removal.
At Bellevue Hill Dental, we will provide treatment options that maximise your comfort and the health of your teeth. We have many options available for wisdom teeth removal, including the use of IV Sedation to limit your discomfort and anxiety.
Regular Tooth Extraction
Fortunately these days, there are many treatments available to save teeth that were once lost to extraction. There are, of course, times where tooth extraction is the best option. In the case that you do need to have a tooth extracted, our highly skilled team uses the latest in techniques to ensure your comfort.
Make an appointment to see one of our dentists.