Dental veneers or ‘facings’ are most commonly made of a porcelain-like material that mimics the features of natural teeth.
There are many reasons why treatment with dental veneers may be considered:
- Teeth may have inherited irregularities in size, shape, spots or blemishes
- Teeth may have stains that are intrinsic to the teeth, ie. coming from within the structure of the teeth and unable to be removed with regular cleaning therapy
- Smoking, which causes discolouration of teeth
- Chips or cracks from trauma caused by accident or injury
- Previous bonding with composite resin material that now looks dull, ageing and lifeless in photographs
Porcelain veneers are thin tooth-coloured shells that are carefully designed to suit the bespoke needs of your smile and your face. They are a more conservative treatment option than a crown for a tooth that is sound and healthy underneath. A thin layer of enamel is removed, usually comparable to the thickness of a fingernail, which allows space to bond the veneer later without it protruding in front of your natural teeth. An impression is sent to our ceramist, who designs and fabricates the new shape, colour and contours of the veneers specifically for you. The veneers are fitted and checked before being permanently cemented by the dentist at the next visit.
Porcelain veneers can be used to improve a smile and create a natural, beautiful appearance for the front teeth. At Bellevue Hill Dental, we place utmost importance on proper planning and the use of the highest quality dental materials to achieve optimum results. Our dental laboratory is highly regarded within the dental industry for its meticulous approach to patient care and excellent aesthetic results. All products are made in Australia and the convenience of a local laboratory that patients can visit for colour, shape, or size matching means that ideal results are much easier to achieve.