Invisalign is a popular alternative to traditional braces that has been used by over three million people around the world. Just like braces, it applies pressure on teeth to move them into a more favourable position. Invisalign aligners can improve crowded teeth, spaces in between teeth, underbites and overbites. Invisalign can make many of the movements that traditional braces can, but with some added advantages:
- The aligners can be removed to eat, brush and floss as normal, so your gum health isn’t compromised.
- Our patients find that the aligners are comfortable, easy to wear, and don’t impact their daily lives like some braces can.
The average treatment time with Invisalign aligners is 12 to 18 months. The process is streamlined and simple:
- Our dentist will take photographic, radiographic, and impression records of your teeth.
- These are digitalised, and then a series of custom-made aligners are fitted to you and the treatment begins.
- The aligners gradually and gently move your teeth to the desired position without any pressure from brackets or wires.
- Every two weeks, you switch to the next aligners until treatment is complete and you can see your new smile.